Friday, May 27, 2011

A Rule or a Strategy?

Just to be clear.  A rule is a RULE!  Not to be broken.  We follow the rules of the National Mah Jongg League.

A STRATEGY is a plan of action that will help you reach your goal. Making a Mah Jongg!

Tom Sloper, the mah jongg guru of Sloperama, made a good point in an email to me yesterday regarding this and I just wanted to be clear with all of you about the difference.  We'll be talking about both on this blog. 

Rules:  MUST be followed.  For example, the RULE all newbies seem to find difficult:  You MAY NOT use a joker in a pair!

Strategies:  Help you improve your game. It is not wise to expose Flowers with jokers early in the game, UNLESS you are SET for Mah Jongg.  It's like giving those jokers away to your opponents.

More on EXPOSURE strategies in another post.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming to my blog and subscribing! So fun to hook up with other mah jongg junkies. I played yesterday and had to work hard all afternoon to win the last game. I'll be following you now. Love everything you have to say. I'm sure I will pick up some good tips. I'm starting to play with the more competitive group for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    Glad to have you here all the way from Arizona. I find there is always something new to learn about Mah Jongg!

    From one junkie to another! :-))

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to read your comments! You can post anonymously if you don't have a google account.