Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dead or Alive?

A former student of ours writes:


" Recently I was mistakenly called dead when I called an exposed a pung.  Does my opponent who called my hand dead then become dead?  I thought I remembered this being the rule from your class but my opponent disagreed.
Thank you.

P.S.  I enjoyed your class and have become addicted. "


You are RIGHT.  If a player calls another player dead in error, that player becomes dead and ceases play while the other player continues to play.  That's why players are so careful when they call another dead.

I believe that if there wasn't a penalty for  that, players would be much more liberal in calling others dead, even possibly in an effort to determine which hand they are playing.

Comments or differing opinions?
BTW....we love the Mah Jongg addiction!


Susan and Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to read your comments! You can post anonymously if you don't have a google account.